Steven Galanis, the CEO of the leading marketplace for personalized video shoutouts – Cameo – joined the NFT world by purchasing a Bored Ape Yacht Club art for 100 ETH. At the same time, Migos’ Takeoff said he bought a Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFT.
- After the stellar 2021 NFTs had, specific projects from the industry continue to attract business people and celebrities in 2022 who allocate funds to digital arts and even update their Twitter profile picture to include them.
- BYAC is among the most popular collections, and the start of 2022 only solidifies this trend.
- Cameo’s CEO, Steven Galanis, outlined his entrance to the space earlier on January 8th by showcasing the BYAC art he has purchased.
- According to OpenSea, the entrepreneur’s winning bid was 100 ETH, worth approximately $320,000 in today’s prices.
- Previously, Galanis said in an April 2021 interview that he was open to the idea of getting onboard the NFT world but had no time left due to his role as the CEO of Cameo.
— Steven Galanis (@Mr312) January 7, 2022
- Kirshnik Khari Ball, better known by his professional rap name – Takeoff, also entered the broad BYAC space. The member of the popular hip hop group Migos said on Twitter that he had joined the family and displayed its Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFT.
- Just a few days prior, the rap legend Eminem also bought a BYAC NFT for over $450,000 worth of Ethereum.