A new cryptocurrency-themed restaurant called “Doge Burger” has launched in Dubai, allowing customers to pay for their food using digital assets. It will offer many “doge-inspired” burgers which can be delivered directly to customers’ doors.
- As revealed by Dogeburger’s Instagram page, Doge Burger went live and began accepting orders on Thursday.
- The restaurant will offer food delivery directly to people’s doors, including various fry and burger options.
- Its packaging appears entirely Dogecoin-based, featuring a rocketship reading “To the Moon” on top of its burger container. The bottom of the container has a line reading “I love cryptocurrency”.
- Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency launched in 2013 by Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer, based on the internet meme of a Shiba-Inu dog named “Doge”. Despite being openly made as a joke, it has established long-term popularity and is the 13th most valuable crypto today by market cap.
- Other doge-based cryptocurrencies, including Shiba Inu and Floki Inu, have launched in Dogecoin’s shadow. Tesla CEO Elon Musk has taken a particular liking to the coin and helped spur its popularity.
- Other merchants to begin accepting Dogecoin for purchases include AMC Theatres and a German Taxi company.
- Doge Burger also accepts other cryptos for payment, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, CRO, XRP, USDT, Shiba Inu.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Discussion about this post